After watching Nucky & pals sipping El Presidente cocktails on their trip to Cuba on Boardwalk Empire, we were inspired to try one the next night.
After paging around for a few recipes, we settled on this ratio of 1 1/2, 3/4 1/2. Just delicious!
And, as I say in my post on Small Bites, which describes the El Presidente history a bit, it’s the perfect cocktail for straddling the seasons.
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 3/4 ounce French vermouth
- 1/2 ounce orange curacao (try Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao)
- 1 dash grenadine
- Orange peel
- Combine ingredients over cracked ice and stir well.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel.