Another great discovery on Food52, where they call this Grapefruit Margarita a Midwinter Margarita. (As in “In the bleak?) We love a margarita recipe that uses grapefruit juice — because you know this time of year we’ve got grapefruit! It’s adapted from a book we own (thanks Shannon!): Shake by Eric Prum and Josh Williams of Mason Shaker.
- 4 1/2 ounces Don Julio Blanco tequila
- 2 1/4 ounces triple sec
- 2 1/4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 1/4 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 fresh lime wheels for garnish
- Chile salt (1:1 sea salt and ground chile peppers)
- Combine the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain over ice into chilled rocks glasses rimmed with chili salt. Garnish with lime wheels.